PHCC Academy Of San Diego Training Events
The PHCC Academy of San Diego is a trade school dedicated to serving the plumbing-heating-cooling industry in San Diego County. The Academy provides a four-year journeyman plumbing program, a two-year HVAC service technician program and various other training programs throughout the year.
Visit the PHCC Academy Of San Diego section of our website for more information on attending the Academy, or check out one of these upcoming events hosted by the PHCC Academy Of San Diego.
There are no events currently scheduled, please check back for new opportunities.
CA Plumbing & Mechanical Code Seminar
CA PLUMBING & MECHANICAL CODE SEMINAR
- 2016 California Plumbing Code New Requirements (4 hours)
- 2016 California Mechanical Code New Requirements (4 hours)
Presented by IAPMO
Earn 7 CEUs
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Plumbing and mechanical contractors, inspectors and plans examiners.
DATES & LOCATIONS:
Saturday, May 20th
8am-4pm (includes lunch)
PHCC San Diego Chapter Office
9920 Scripps Lake Drive, San Diego, CA 92131
Thursday, June 1st, 2017
8am-4pm (includes lunch)
City of Oceanside Community Room
300 N Coast Hwy, Oceanside, CA 92054
David Gans, Certified Building Official & Master Code Professional
WHAT TO BRING: Your UPC Book
IAPMO & PHCC Members: $125
- Register in advance via email to DGans@ci.oceanside.ca.us
- Bring check day of event made payable to: San Diego Chapter of IAPMO
Journeymen Re-Certification Credits
Need to Renew your CAPHCC Journey Level Card? We Can HELP!
Effective January 1, 2013, all PHCC Journey Level Certification Card Holders must obtain 6 hours per year of PHCC-approved Continuing Education. Our mission is to provide workforce development, management education and technical training to advance the growth and career success of those employed in the plumbing and HVACR industry.
The PHCC San Diego Chapter offers CAPHCC-Sanctioned Continuing Education using state-approved curriculum in our classes, and regularly host Code Update classes, OSHA Training, and other valuable Continuing Education Courses throughout the year, including:
- A code update class taught by a PHCC instructor or local plumbing inspector;
- Audit a Year 2 or Year 3 PHCC Academy of San Diego Class (must schedule in advance);
- Water heater/boiler/tankless training or similar training provided by a factory representative or equivalent;
- GreenPlumber USA Training;
- Any Safety class, Forklift Training, Scissor Lift Training, OSHA Training Class etc. provided a certificate is given;
- Class would have to be at least 2 hours minimum with a certificate of completion provided by the manufacturer;
- A backflow prevention certification or re-certification class;
Also, most PHC Industry-related classes held (2) hours or longer which produces a Certificate of Completion can submit for CAPHCC approval.
The CAPHCC Journely-Level Card is valid for three (3) years, at which time a renewal test must be taken to renew the card and CAPHCC must have on record that 18 hours of Continuing Education have been met, (6 hours per year) preferably in a PHCC-sanctioned class.
The card for non-members is valid for one (1) year, at which time a renewal form must be completed and fees paid to renew the card. Non-members must also take a renewal test every three (3) years. In order to meet renewal requirements, a form will be provided to all PHCC Journey Level Certification Card Holders for documentation of CE requirements, and once completed, an approval signature from CAPHCC will document that 6 hours of approved Continuing Education has been met. For more information, contact Theresa Perez, Training Coordinator, PHCC of California at email@example.com or 916-925-7390.
Effective January 2013, following is a suggested timeline for card renewals:
- 0 – 1 year – 6 CE hours
- 1-2 year – 12 CE hours
- 2-3 years – 18 CE hours
Got Questions? Contact the PHCC Academy of San Diego Training Administrator at (858) 693-3855.