PHCC Academy of San Diego Application
Scroll to the bottom of the page to download the PHCC Academy of San Diego Application and contact us if you have any questions about the process, we are here to help!
- Applicants to PHCC Academy of San Diego must have completed their high school education or equivalent.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of enrollment.
- Applicants must be employed by a licensed plumbing (C-36) or HVAC (C-20) contractor prior to enrollment.
- Applicants must pass the Academy entrance exam and conduct an interview with a training committee member.
All applicants must pass a written entrance exam with a 70% passing score. The written examination is composed of three parts:
Part 1: Reading Comprehension
Part 2: Math Essentials*
Part 3: Ruler Basics
*A Math Preparation Class is offered prior to the Entrance Exam.
2ND YEAR PLACEMENT TESTING
Applicants in our Plumbing Apprenticeship Program that have a minimum of two years experience (providing W2 forms) and knowledge of the industry may take a placement test to advance to year 2.
TUITION AND FEES
Tuition can be paid in advance or in monthly installments. A 10% discount will be applied if paid in full in advance. This is on a per student basis.
- PHCC Member: $2,175.00 per year or $217.50 per month
- Non-Member: $3,696.00 per year or $369.60 per month
- Lab Fee: $200.00 per year **
- Enrollment Fee: $79 PHCC Member, $99 Non-Member **
- Testing Fee: $50.00 (waived for PHCC members) **
Please note that there are books required for each class, these costs are not included above.
Plumbing Apprenticeship Program
The core curriculum is based on the National PHCC Educational Foundation’s four-year series of plumbing textbooks
and the IAPMO Uniform Plumbing Code book. Every student is required to purchase the textbook and the code book.
HVAC Training Program
The core curriculum is based on the National PHCC Educational Foundation’s four-year series of HVAC textbooks.
Since, this is a two-year program, two textbooks are required to be purchased each year.
We are currently building our Application for the 2017 - 2018 academic year. Applications will be available at our Open House scheduled for the evening of July 20th and will be posted here after that point.
Your application package must be returned to the PHCC Academy of San Diego office and must contain the following:
Your signed application with all portions completed.
Enrollment Fee (PHCC Members: $79.00/Non-Members: $99.00)
Lab Fee of $200
Testing Fee of $50 (waived for PHCC members)
Math Preparation Class Fee (optional class)